Call for applications
Artistic residency in dance at Salon58 in partnership with La Rotonde
Professional dance artists based in the greater Quebec City area and in Wendake are invited to apply until June 15, 2022, to obtain support in the form of an artistic residency at Salon58 (Marsoui) from March 3 to 12, 2023.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Only professional dance artists whose main place of residence is the greater region of Quebec or Wendake can apply. Are considered professional artists those who enjoy the recognition of their peers (participation in professional projects, presentation of their work in a professional context, etc.), whether they are self-taught or graduates of an art school.
RESIDENCY OFFERED AT SALON58 IN PARTNERSHIP WITH LA ROTONDE
The residency offered by Salon58 consists of 10 days (9 nights) at Salon58 — i.e. 2 days of travel, 7 full working days and 1 day of public presentation as part of the regular programming of Salon58. This is a shared residency: the artist is invited solo and will share the workspaces with two other artists from the Salon58 program. Each artist works on his or her individual project(s), but coexists throughout the period. Each artist has their own room. At the end of the residency, the artists meet the local public as part of a public evening.
CONDITIONS OFFERED AT SALON58
• A fee of $1,200 (+ taxes if applicable)
• Accommodation in shared formula, with private room
• Transport and meals are offered by Salon58
HOW TO APPLY?
Artists are invited to submit their candidacy by sending the items below to firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Curriculum vitae of the artist
• One-page written presentation of the project OR 3-minute presentation in the form of an audio or video file
DEADLINE AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
• Deadline for submission: June 15, 2022
• Announcement of results: all those who apply will receive a response no later than June 30, 2022
• Unveiling of the artists of the Salon58 2022-2023 program: the announcement of the selected artist will be under embargo until September 2022
• Salon58 lends itself more to thinking, writing, solo movement work and building small set pieces. Access to a large dance studio can be discussed according to the needs of the artist. The place is not equipped to work on lighting, large scenographies, heavy carpentry work, etc.
• The selection will be made based on the quality of the artistic approach and the relevance of the subject, while taking into account the context of the residency.
• High speed internet is available at Salon58 and is very efficient. However, note that there is no cellular network on site. It takes 5 minutes by car to get the network.
Salon58 is a cultural space located in Marsoui (Gaspésie), which focuses on artistic experimentation, multidisciplinarity and proximity to the public, encouraging encounters on a human scale. Produced by Mandoline Hybride, since 2018 the project has hosted artists in residence, intimate concerts and screenings under the stars, as well as various cultural activities. To find out more about the program and the location: mandolinehybride.com/salon58.
Salon58 artistic residencies are shared residencies. The artists are accommodated in individual rooms with their own work desk, while sharing the common spaces during the week (boudoir, living room/piano/movement space, workshop, kitchen). It will therefore be possible to exchange with one or two other artists in residence at the same time. Salon58 lends itself more to thinking, writing, solo movement work and building small set pieces. Access to a large dance studio can be discussed according to the needs of the artist. The place is not equipped to work on lighting, large scenographies, heavy carpentry work, etc. High speed internet is available at Salon58 and is very efficient. However, note that there is no cellular network on site. It takes 5 minutes by car to get the network.
ABOUT LA ROTONDE
Within the Danse Partout Group, La Rotonde, a presenter specializing in contemporary dance created in 1996, has the mission of nurturing and developing audiences for contemporary dance through the experience of encounters with works, artists and their approaches.
To fulfill its mission, La Rotonde assumes a mandate including:
– The presentation of contemporary dance shows of various tendencies and origins, in various places in the Quebec/Wendake region.
– Action and cultural mediation for the development of audiences in contemporary dance.
418 649-5013 #305